Friday, February 24, 2012

Talking to the walls

My previous career, which seems like a lifetime ago, put me in a situation that has forced several friendships to end in death. Most days I think about the guys that are no longer here and move on. There has not been a day when they do not make an appearance in my head. Often it just puts a smile on my face as I think about a memory we formed. Some days they really hit me hard though. 

I realize this is something that will never change. I have a lot of dead friends. Some were killed in war. Others died once we got back to America. Either way it just sucks. Beth helps me deal with the loss more than any thing else. She is an amazing woman. She struggles with it sometimes because she does not know how to address the problem when she sees it hit me. Some days I just need a drink and a few minutes to move on. Other times I just listen to this song and mope around the house for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment